Do you like your home, but think it would be better with just a little more space? Extending your home is a great way to get more space, to enhance your home’s feel and value.
We have gathered some tips to help you make the most of your extension!
1. Approval is key
You will need the help of experts to help you in the planning stages of your home extension. You will need to talk with designers about what is structurally feasible for your home, as well as consider planning permission.
Each council is different, and there is no concrete set of rules that determine whether or not your planning permission is granted. You will have to apply to your local planning council.
- Many council websites will have information that can help guide you in the right direction, and alternatively, you can talk with property development experts about planning and financing your extension. Want to know more about property development finance to help fund your home extension? Click here.
- Also, it is important to talk with your neighbours about your plans to extend to ensure that they are happy and that your plans to extend to not impinge on their property, land or light levels.
2. Contract the best tradespeople
- There are architects, painters, plumbers, builders and electricians that can help make your build as smooth and high-quality as possible. Find your next tradesperson here.
- To make your extension dry, as well as match the look of the rest of the house, you will need to consider the essentiality of a roof-rebuild. Click here.
3. Set a budget
- While this sounds like an obvious step to ensuring that your extension is a success, it is important to set a budget that is realistic and you can stick too.
- Make sure that you also allow a 10-20% contingency fund for any unaccounted-for payments.
- You will also need to ensure not only a building budget but design, electric plumbing and consultancy fees too. Read more.
Found this article helpful? Read more like this: