How Much Does It Cost to Build a House?
Designing your dream home is the fun part – you’ve planned your layout, chosen the interiors…but now you need to pay for it! The good news is – it may cost less than you think! And with all sorts of financing options, building your own home from scratch is more accessible than ever before, especially as Sovereign Homes offers a new home build service.
There are various online calculators you can use for an approximate quote or contact a specialist building company for a more accurate figure.
The main factors that need to be considered when calculating the cost of your new build are as follows:
- Buying the land
- Labour & materials
- Legal fees
- Interiors & fixtures – for top bathroom design ideas look here
- The cost of borrowing the money
For more information: How much does it cost to build a house or extension — estimating costs for domestic building projects — Harvey Norman Architects
So now you know how much money you need to build your house…how do you get hold of it?
- Savings – if you already have enough money to cover the cost of your project then great! Go for it
- Bank Mortgage – All major banks offer mortgages specific to new build projects. Book an appointment with a mortgage advisor to find out what kind of help they can offer you
- Independent Property Development Loans – There are companies who specialise in financing home development projects. Click here for more information about obtaining a loan from a property development loan broker. A number will only lend business to business. More advice on funding a new build that you are not going to resell (ie for you and your family) can be found here.
Contact DETACHED for more information or to tell us your house building story. Alternatively if you are looking for a greener property solution click here http://towerblocks.org.uk/sustainable-living.